Many of our friends aren’t able to go to GenCon this year and so I thought, ‘Why not try and bring a little of the con to them?’ Now even though you can’t be physically at the biggest 4 days in gaming you can play along at home. So without further ado, here are the rules for GenCon Bingo:
- Get a Card (by clicking here or on the picture), and comment that you are playing (so that you can get mad props and little GenCon swag of your own when you win). I’m encouraging you to print out your card, as each time you refresh the page a new card is generated.
- Throughout the con I will be looking for the list items and will photograph each one I spot.
- At the end of each day I will post a new batch of photos (the first set will be on Thursday).
- The game will conclude 24 hours after Sunday’s batch of photos are posted.
- Comment that post within those 24 hours with your score and your card’s number.
- The winner will bask in the warm thoughts of Role-Playing Discussions and receive his/her prize through USPS; others may plot on how to stack the list for next year by suggesting new list items.
- Open to US and Canadian residents only who are willing to share their mailing address with the editors via email.
- 1 point each for the row, column, and the diagonals that include the center square (swag bag)
- 1 point for all four corners plus the center square (swag bag)
- 2 points each for any row or column that does not include center square
- 3 point bonus for filling in your whole card
maybe next year we’ll have some way of awarding for pictures that exceed the number the square requires (for example one square asks for 2 ghostbusters, but the photo depicts 4), but we’ll hold off on that for now.