Since it is St. Patrick’s Day, I decided that it would be an appropriate time to come up with some more holiday inspired adventure ideas. And, since leprechauns are underutilited, most of these plots involve the little green fellowes.
- An impoverished town asks the party to capture a nearby leprechaun and force him to surrender his pot of gold.
- An evil or crazy leprechaun is capturing, torturing, and killing local townspeople who travel through the forest alone.
- A leprechaun is being wrongly accused of killing people when it is really the work of a quickling. This plot hook works well as an add-on adventure to the previous one.
- A leprechaun has been turned into a bugbear by a cursed magic item and now the locals are attacking him out of fear.
- A booming metropolis has a dark secret; to maintain their prosperity, they rely on the "Luck of the Orcish". Their wizard’s guild created a spell long ago that gives all of the town’s bad luck for the year to the neighboring orcs and, in exchange, takes any good luck that the orcs would normally have and gives to the town. This spell is recast every year to renew it, and it is due to be recast today. Does the party help the orcs to break their curse and restore their Orcish luck or help the townspeople to maintain their prosperity?
You could also use the old stand-by wherein a mischevious leprechaun plays tricks on the PCs while they are on some important mission. If you use any of these ideas, or have suggestions for others, feel free to share.